Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update

It's been awhile since I've posted. I just haven't been in the mood, I guess.

I feel bad because Seamus' little cough has now turned into a huge hacking cough. We held off on the antiobiotics but now I think we waited too long. Since he rarely has any pulmonary issues, it really freaks me out to see him like this. He's bringing up lots of gunk but he still can't figure out the whole spitting thing so he ends up swallowing it. This morning he vomited tons of thick mucous. I'm glad he got it out because otherwise it ends up in his stool which is already sticky enough.

On a happier note, we had a nice weekend. We spent a lot of time making paper ties and hats for tea parties and Elmo's birthday party. He loves to line up his "dudes" on all the furniture with their fancy hats and ties on. Sometimes, you can't find a seat in the house because everywhere is covered with a stuffed animal.

We also had a great time at our neighbor, Emily's, 70th birthday party. It was held at Blob's Park which is a German Polka place. Seamus wanted to bring a "dude" with him so we told him he had to chose one. He picked Snoopy because "he's the best dancer." Seamus (and Snoopy) really got the hang of the polka and entertained the crowd.

Yesterday, we had our first snowstorm with about 7 inches. I got a snowday off from work so Seamus helped me shovel and sweep off the cars. Then we spent the afternoon cuddled up in bed playing Nickolodeon computer games. Not a bad way to spend the day.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm sorry Julie! I know it sucks!

Anonymous said...

can you believe you have more snow than we do right now? Has that ever happened?