Monday, January 26, 2009

The Dudes

We spent the weekend playing Lite Brite, taking walks, going to the movies (Hotel for Dogs for Daddy and Seamus and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button for Me and Ga,) and hanging out with the Dudes, a lot.

You can download different Mii characters that other people have made into your own system so now besides the four people who live in this house, Spiderman, Scooby Doo, Mickey Mouse, Tigger and a slew of others also play Wii with us. Seamus calls them his Dudes.

Yesterday, I finally tore him away from the Wii and we decided to have a tea party. He invited some of his stuffed animal friends (also called the Dudes): Barney, Curious George, Spiderman, and Andy the Handyman. Seamus knew tea parties were fancy so he asked me to wear a dress. When he said he wanted dresses for all the Dudes, I told him boys wear suits and ties so we invaded Daddy's closet.






I have a potty training story, so I'm warning you, if you don't have a toddler, you might want to skip the rest of this post. As I've written about in earlier posts, Seamus has been making great progress but CF really throws a wrench into things, as many of you are aware. He goes through phases when he's getting blocked up and he won't poop because it hurts too much. Then so much pressure builds up...

We've started a funny little thing that has helped and maybe it will help somebody else. At least I think it's a funny story to tell his kids one day.

One day he was sitting on the potty not going but I could hear his stomach churning so I knew he had to go. I said "Your poop is saying "Let me out of here, I want to get out""

After giggling a little, he was able to go a small amount and said "Now what's it saying?"

"Woo hoo, let's have a party. And the poop still inside is saying "I want to party too, let me out!"

He kept going and wanted to know what they were all saying so I started singing all the songs about parties I could think of.

So now every time he goes we sing party songs, like "Let's Get it Started in Here" by The Black Eyed Peas, and "Get the Party Started" by Pink, and "Who Let the Dogs Out."

I'm running out of song ideas. Anybody have any good suggestions?

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Too funny! Sorry, no songs ideas though! Thought you might get a kick out of one of our potty stories (it's not too gross either). Here's the link if you are interested. http://schellenbergs3as.blogspot.com/2008/04/bathroom-story.html Did you ever think you would be sharing potty stories? Of course, you probably didn't realize how much our life would revolve around the bathroom! :)

Love the tea party pictures too!

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

That's a great idea!! The ties were so cute!!
M

Courtney said...

I can't wait to have tea parties with Olivia! It looks like you guys had a blast.

The only other song I can think of that says "party" is that Eddie Murphy song...."My girl wants to party all the time, party all the time, party all the time..."

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Leslie, that's a cute story. It's funny how they think about poop. I guess it's because their day's seem to revolve around it.

I love that Eddie Murphy song! It's going in the rotation.

Courtney said...

What about some KC and the Sunshine Band?

"Shake, shake, shake...shake, shake, shake...shake your booty.."

"That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it..."