Monday, February 25, 2008

At gymnastics this week, Miss Patty demonstrated the latest routine the kids were supposed to master on the uneven parallel bars. They were to jump onto the lower bar on their tummy and then grab the top bar and move onto their feet on the lower bar. Then they were supposed to walk the length of the bar and switch their hands around and turn around and walk back down the bar the other way. (Did I mention this is a class of 2 year olds?)

I've been talking about how brave Seamus has become but he's no fool. When Miss Patty finished, he yelled "I am NOT going to do that!!" Who could blame him? People sitting way up in the bleachers started laughing.

Seamus has picked up another talent. He loves music and he has a weird ability to hear a song and name the instruments playing. We'll be listening to the radio and he'll say "That's the violin" or "That's the guitar". He can even do it with less common instruments like the tuba or trumpet. He's not always correct, but usually he's dead on. I see music lessons in the near future.

I don't know if I should mention this because I don't want to jinx it, but Seamus' health has been really good lately. He hasn't thrown up in a week and a half and he's been eating like a horse. He's still scheduled for an endoscopy and tube replacement next week but I think they may have finally hit on the right treatment.

No comments: