Thursday, February 7, 2008

My little man



Seamus is a very deep, contemplative young man.

These days when you ask him a question, he puts a lot of thought into his answers. Even if it's just something like "What would you like to play?" he usually stops and says something like "Hmmm, maybe, I think Chutes and Ladders." Often, he puts his hand to his chin while he's thinking like he is trying to solve the mysteries of the world.

I often have conversations with him that I would have with any grown-up friend. It's amazing the concepts he picks up. It's easy to forget he's only two.

But last night, we were watching Dora the Explorer during his treatments and there were some little kids discussing what they wanted to be when they grew up. I asked Seamus what he wanted to be and he thought for a moment and then said "Maybe ... a duck?". I guess he still is my little two year old.

No comments: