Monday, February 2, 2009

So Proud

I know I brag a lot about Seamus, but hey, it's my blog. Today, James and I met with Miss Terri for a parent teacher conference and now I feel like I'm not just a biased mother.

Miss Terri says Seamus is very independent and figures things out on his own. There is not a puzzle in the class that he has not mastered. He is always willing to help the other kids and Miss Terri, and he is great friends with all of them. If someone is hurt or upset, he's the first one there. He is especially popular with the girls because he is so caring and gentle, unlike most of the other boys. They fight over who can hug him and sit next to him at circle time. (We discussed the germ issue and she's already on it.) He can also count backwards from 10 and knows all his letters and numbers.

I'm so proud of him I could burst. Because he's an only child, I'm especially happy that he can make friends and get along with others so easily. That will be very important growing up. But I'm most proud that he is so caring and kindharted. CF is a horrible disease, but I believe a big part of who he is today has come from all that he has gone through in the past three years. Being in the hospital so much and seeing other sick kids has given him a different perspective than most kids.

I love you, Seammy Doo, so so much and I can't believe how lucky I am.

No comments: